Wickhambreaux Church of England Primary School is built upon a tradition of providing quality education within a Christian context. We strive to promote the values of our
Christian faith through our links with the Church and in our daily life. We hope to achieve our aims through partnership between governors, staff, children, parents and parish.
We provide a wide range of learning opportunities for all children to help them grow into independent and responsible young people. We firmly believe that we can only achieve the best for our children by fostering a close relationship that creates co-operation between home and school. We have an open door policy and provide many opportunities to share in your child’s education. We hope that you will share with us in making this a happy and successful period in your child’s life.
At Wickhambreaux we promote Christian values and to provide opportunities for the worship of God; these values are reflected in our school values of Love Trust and Community which are grounded in scripture and were supported by all members of our school and their families.
- Develop the whole child as an individual who is created in God’s image.
- Achieve high academic standards, through high-quality learning and teaching that encourages all-round development, independence and resourcefulness.
- Provide a happy, secure, lively and attractive school environment for our children, building their self-confidence and preparing them well for the demands of secondary
- Foster mutual respect as the key to good behaviour, discipline is firm but fair, with plenty of praise to encourage and reward children for their efforts and achievements.
- Ensure each individual reaches his/her potential by encouraging independent learning.
- Develop a community spirit through partnership between home, school and wider community.
- Enhance self esteem.
- Work as a team.
- Provide a supportive, caring environment.
- Promote the development and understanding of social values, morals, recognising others’ needs and viewpoints.
- To develop cultural awareness.
- Constantly monitor and review all we do.
We will endeavour to always work together to build good inter-phase liaison and working relationships with other schools in our Cluster in order to facilitate a collective approach to the education of all children in the area served by our schools. We will share information in a spirit of openness and honesty. We will ensure that every child has an appropriate school place and we will do our best to enable every child to achieve his/her potential. In co-operation with other agencies ,we will strive to improve the quality of life and the opportunities of all children. And help them become citizens of the world.